Brooks are releasing their first ever non leather saddles for the first time in a very long time (on 17 June) and they want 100 cyclists to test it out for them (on 17 May)! Apparently it’s unlike anything out in the market so this sounds like a really interesting opportunity and it’s open internationally!
If you’re interested, please click here and follow the instructions on the Brooks webpage! Do remember to thank us at indibikes if you get selected! Good luck!
I’ve been contemplating about writing this post for a while now because when I started indibikes, I wanted to remain anonymous. I received comments from friends that mentioned I should have a ‘About’ page as it helps my readers connect to me better; and so I did create one and true enough it did increase my viewership. The other reason why I wanted to remain anonymous was because I felt that it was too pompous or whatever to talk about myself!
BUT WAIT! Before I talk a little more about myself, I would like to apologize to all my dear readers and followers who still come visit even though I haven’t been updating for a while. You see I am a recent business school graduate and I have been running a small business since my university days. Upon graduation, I decided to take it to the next level and as such it has been keeping me very busy! If you have read my ‘About‘ page, I mentioned that ‘my ultimate ultimate end goal would be to create my own brand of bicycles with the brand iNDi Bikes!’. Now you must be wondering if the business I’m running now has anything to do with iNDi Bikes; and I’m afraid I will have to disappoint you because the answer is no. Nonetheless, I have been making inroads into starting a bicycle retail business – talking to suppliers and manufacturers, etc etc. I have contemplated utilizing this blog as a platform to kickstart my bicycle retail business dream and I think I very well might!
Anyway, more about myself now:.
1) As mentioned, I am a recent business school graduate from Singapore and I have a strong passion for entrepreneurship and bikes.
2) I used to cycle a lot more than I do now – competing in road cycling races and triathlons. However my athletic roots belong with long distance running and that’s what I do most of the time now. I am currently training for the Singapore Marathon that will take place at the end of the year. (Below is a picture of my very underused road bike)
3) I am currently running a small business retailing nail polish both online and offline in a physical store.
4) I love to eat fast food; but I am trying to cut down due to my athletic pursuits.
5) I started this blog because I realized I really liked looking/reading about bikes online and decided that this would be a good way for me to keep track of all the awesome stuff I see/observe online and offline
Well that’s about it for now and thanks for reading!
So I see you have ventured into my blog and have clicked on ‘previous post’ all the way to this page, my very first post! Well here’s a warm welcome and a big thank you for dropping by and saying hello!
Anyway, if you might be wondering, this blog was born out of my passion for bicycles; old and new, competitive and leisure, classic and sporty, vintage and modern, etc etc you get the picture. Basically I love looking at pictures of nice bicycles and I post them up here for everyone else to enjoy as well! My ultimate goal would be to collect and own all these wonderful awesome bicycles. In fact, my ultimate ultimate end goal would be to create my own brand of bicycles with the brand iNDi Bikes! But alas, that is something I will still have to work on for a while. So this is the best I can do for now; enjoy it, leave a comment, and share this blog around to everyone and spread the love!